April 22, 2012

Gradient Nails

Hi Everybody,

        Well, the weekend is over and it's back to the old grind of things. One thing I'm super stoked about is all the new episodes of my fave shows coming up this week. That, my friends, is called 'looking on the bright side'. Well, after a weekend of friends, laughs and Martini's, it's time to get back to reality, which means...work, which means no time to paint my nails. So, with that in mind, I painted my nails tonight which will hopefully get me through the week. I tried a new technique called 'Gradient'. If you haven't heard of it before, it's basically a faded manicure. I used the ultra sparkly China Glaze colour called 'Optical Illusion' to achieve this look. So, what you do it this:

1. Apply a base coat to your natural nail.
2. Take your polish brush and wipe as much access off of it as possible.
3. Paint nails 2/3 of the way down your nail, leaving a faint amount of polish on nail.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 but this time only paint 1/3 of the way down your nail.
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 again but this time only painting the tip.
6. Finally, apply a top coat.


The finished product should resemble this:


Sweet and simple right? You can do this with a variety of colours. Another alternative is to paint the nail a contrasting colour and then doing the gradient technique over top. Hope you enjoyed this nails technique.

What do you think would be a good mix of colors to do this technique with? Do you like the sparkly look? Let me know...

Sarah

P.S- I haven't forgotten about the 'sock bun' and I'll get it up soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment