December 05, 2012

Flawless Foundation tips

Hello my Pretties,

            How are all my lovelies doing this evening? I hope your all having a fabulous week so far. I know I am still stuck in Saturday and the week can be quite the drudge when your mind is far behind in the weekend. All your thinking about is partying, relaxing and not working. Anyways, enough with the jibber jabber, let's get to tonight post. Tonight we are going to discuss tips on how you can get a flawless foundation look. I suffer with acne and I need an effective way to cover those zits, scars and pores. If you suffer from this type of skin or you are just willing to get some foundation tips, then this post if for you. I'm going to also tell you what products I use to get these result. This is just what I use, you may know of something that works better for your skin type, so keep that in mind.

Step 1 to flawless foundation is the prep! Some people don't think they need to prep their skin before applying foundation, but in all honestly, speaking as someone who use to skip this step, it is more important than you think. Clean, glowing and moisturized skin will give a seamless, smooth canvas to work on. I usually start by using a witch hazel astringent to tone the skin. This also removes surface oils that will get trapped an cause pimples. Then, I apply a facial serum to help minimize the appearance of scars and to control oils throughout the day. Finally, apply a moisturizer. This will prevent the skin from flaking and help with a smoother application of foundation. And that is it for the prep!

Here are the items I use to prep:
-Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
-Beyond Belief Facial Serum
-Clean And Clear Moisturizer

Step 2 is to prime the skin. Alot of people like to skip the primer as well. Primer fills in fine lines and wrinkles and pores. This gives a smooth appearance to the skin and also helps your makeup to stay in place longer. Trust me, I notice a huge difference when I forget to apply my primer.

Here are some primers I use:
-Smashbox primer
-Hard Candy Skin Perfecting Primer

Step 3 is to apply your foundation. I use a Sephora Pro Buffing Brush #62 to apply my foundation but you can use your hands or a makeup sponge to apply it too. I start with my forehead and work my way down my face. Apply it lightly, you can use concealer later where you need it. Make sure to blend the edges and don't forget your ears (yes your ears, the point of foundation is to even out your skin tone and you want your ears to match the rest of your face). Moving on...

I use Covergirl Clean Makeup for oily skin

Step 4 is to conceal. You only want to use concealer where you need it!!! I can't reiterate that enough, you want your makeup to be like a second skin, not a mask. I use two different concealers, one for bigger and harder to cover blemishes and the other for smaller blemishes and under eye circles. If you have heavy circles under eyes you can use a yellow tinted concealer and if you suffer from redness you can use a green concealer. Word to the wise about green concealer, make sure you blend well! Sometimes when its not blended properly you can see a green tint in certain lighting. Also make sure your skin is well exfoliated because the concealer can get stuck in dead skin making it hard to blend. I also use my #62 brush to buff in my concealer but you can also use your fingers or a sponge to apply.

Here are some concealers I use:
-Vichy DermaBlend Foundation Stick (Actually a full coverage foundation)
- Essence Cover Stick
- Paladio liquid concealer in mint

Step 5 in to seal your work. Finally your going to want to set your makeup with a powder. Alot of people use a translucent powder t set the makeup because it doesn't add any color to the skin. Some people use a pressed powder as well. Make sure when purchasing your powder that you aren't purchasing a powder foundation. This will only make your foundation appear cakey and thick.

I use Rimmel London Stay Matte pressed powder.

And that is it! I use these techniques everyday and I usually look pretty flawless ha ha! I have some serious acne these days and I have some before and after pix of my foundation to share with you guys. My face has seriously exploded in the last little while so please be kind. My face might freak you for 5 seconds ha ha!


Not Bad right?! Well, that my tips, do you have any foundation tips to share? Please do below!

Thanks for reading guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment