July 14, 2013

Summer-Proof Makeup & Hair Tips

Hey Beauties!

       Hope y'all had a fabulous weekend and are ready to start a new week! My weekend was super dramatic as my car caught fire on the highway yesterday as I was on the way to the beach. Super maddening, saddening and so cry worthy it's not even funny. But as Liz Taylor would put it, "Pour yourself a drink, Put on some Lipstick, and Pull Yourself Together'. That is precisely what I plan on doing this week. I will be busing it for a while, which means I'm going to be standing in the hot sun waiting for my wheels to work. Ick! So, what I need is a summer hair and makeup survival guide but since no such thing exists I compiled a few things that may help myself, and my beautiful readers, not to melt like a Popsicle when you hit the summer air. I am going to start with some of my favorite sweat-proof makeup items and then move on the hair. Keep in mind that some of these products may not be budget friendly but they get the job done! I am a heavy face sweater and I need products that can handle the job. So, let's get started...


Benefit Stay Flawless Primer
Let's start with a primer. The reason primers are good in the summer is because they create a barrier between your skin and your foundation. It also creates an adhesive that helps our your makeup stick better and helps it not to move out of place. So far my favorite primer is the Benefit Stay Flawless 15-hour Primer. The product is described as a makeup magnet. It creates a tacky surface to help your makeup to adhere and helps keep it from moving. This product really does stand up to the job. Although it would not personally say it lasts a whole 15-hours. But that is another story, for another time. I plan on writing a full review shortly.

Covergirl Stay Fabulous Foundation
Next up is a long-wearing foundation. I have oily skin so I need a product that wont slide off
when my face gets slick. I also need something light-weight that has good coverage. I have alot of hyper-pigmentation and acne scaring and I need something that will cover that so I don't need alot of heavy concealer. The more you have on the hotter you will get. When summer comes and the humidity gets to your skin you want as little as possible on your face. My favorite foundation is the Covergirl Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation. This product as gotten rave reviews from beauty experts everywhere including myself! I cover amazingly and the wear time is incredible. It is also a matte foundation with is not only excellent for oily skin but for the summer in general! The dewier the foundation the sweatier you look. I recommend this foundation for anyone and everyone and it's cheap. Around $12!

Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray
Setting Spray is a must! I never realize how amazing these hidden gems can be. They help to set everything quickly so that when you hit the heat, nothing moves. Everything stays put and stays fresh. Urban Decay has a fabulous line of setting sprays. There are three different ones and the one I have tried and LOVED, is the All-Nighter Spray. The cool thing about this product is that when your skin temperature rises, it cools your makeup to avoid it from moving all over the place. It's like a thermostat for your skin!

E.L.F Tone Correcting Powder (Sorry about the broken part
If setting spray is out of your budget or you deem it unnecessary, then you want to set with a powder instead. It works as a blotting sheet, keeping the skin matte and absorbing oils as the heat rises. My favorite is the e.l.f Tone Correcting Powder. The has 4 shades that you mix together to combat redness, dark spots, etc. And it runs for about $3 which
is a steal!!!!

Essence Gel Liner and Femme Couture Liner
If you need you full-on eye makeup, I suggest a gel eyeliner for both eyes and eyebrows, yes I said eyebrows. Let me explain, gel eyeliner is usually waterproof, sweat proof and smudge proof! That means when the mercury rises, you can count on fabulous eyebrows. The trick with this is to get a brown gel liner and use it with a brow brush. Start application from the middle of the brow and work the product through. Don't re-dip, a little goes a long way. This a great way to make your brows last all day. My favorite on for brows is the Femme Couture Gel Liner in Brown. This formula is a bit dry which makes it ideal for getting the brows right. It helps avoid a application overload. My favorite for eyes is Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight in Paris. The formula is creamy and it wears all day, even through the sweat! This is one of my favorites and I use it everyday!
Maybelline Mega Plush Waterproof Mascara


I am a mascara junkie, Que Youtube video called "I am a makeup junkie!" and I never leave my home without it! But when the heat starts, so does the meltdown. That's when I use waterproof mascara. I personally only use it on the bottom lashes because my sweat usually accumulates down under my eyes. I use the Maybelline Mega Plush in Black-Brown.



OCC Lip Tar
Finally, keep those lips luscious with they help of a stain. Stains really give the lips the color they need without being too preachy. And they usually last a good couple hours. I love the OCC Lip Tar in Divine. I did a few review of these last week so check it out for details.
Refresh Dry Shampoo

Now come the hair. The worst thing is a hot, oily, greasy mess of hair. For the oily hair i suggest a dry shampoo. These bad boys don't replace washing but they can help your hair look cleaner when you are in a jam. They spray out a powder that helps absorb all the oils and help the hair look fresh!

De-frizz Wand
For the frizz i suggest a freeze zapper like the One 'n' Only Brazilian Tech Frizz Wand. This has a mascara wand that will help take the frizziest strands. Keep it in your purse for those frazzled moments.

Well, That's it! I hope these tips will help keep you looking fresh and sexy for the rest of the summer! Do you have any summer tips to share? Comment Below!

Have a fantastic week Loves!

Love
Sarah XXO

No comments:

Post a Comment