August 03, 2013

2-for-1 Review: Maybelline instant Age Rewind Eraser and L'Oreal True Match Bleandable Foundation

Hey Dolls! First off I want to apologize for my absence over the last couple weeks. I was trying to stay regular (sounds like I am eating my fiber ;) with my blog post and I failed you all!!! So Sorry. But I was notified 3 weeks ago that I had to move into a smaller house so I had 3 weeks to pack up 23 years of life. So between that and my car blowing up about a month ago life has been crazy.  But you will be happy to know that I am getting back to normal life now and ready to blog some beauty stuff for y'all! Since I have kept all my loyal readers waiting, I am giving you a 2-for-1 Review. Yay!! I thought I'd let you know, as I write this, I am watching West Side Story. So, if I happen to use 'gang' language, you'll know why. Anyways, on to the review! I am giving you a review on the L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Foundation and the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Corrector and Treatment. First of all, Let's start with the foundation.

If you follow me on Youtube, you know I am a loyal fan of the Covergirl 3-in-1 foundation but I needed to try something new. My co-worker and future make-up artist gave me a suggestion of this drugstore foundation and I decided to give it a try. The L'Oreal True Match comes in a cute little 30 ml. bottle and runs for about $12 CAD. The bottle is reminiscent of a magic potion bottle which I thought was adorbs! I purchased the shade C2-Natural Ivory for my pale complexion. The bottle claims that the foundation is a super bendable and gives full coverage. It also claims to blend evenly with your skin tone. The product contains no oil which is perfect for my oily acne-prone skin. It also come in 23 shades and come in warm and cool tones.

My first impression on the foundation was that it was super runny and it had a normal foundation smell. After applying it, I quickly learned that a little goes a looooooong way. Because it's so blendable, you can get away with alot less. The coverage is great and it covered all my acne scaring and hyper pigmentation. But being a full coverage foundation, it didn't feel heavy or thick. I find with my 3-in-1 foundation, I would get alot of build up around my upper lip and I used to think it was clinging to my dry skin but even after exfoliation, i still had it. With this makeup, I didn't have that at all!!!

The staying power was good! I took a picture in the morning and after unpacking some boxes and sweating alot, I still looked decent. Please excuse my no makeup look,  but I felt that since I was just reviewing the foundation and concealer, I didn't need to get all dolled up. Overall, I am impressed with this foundation and look forward to using it more!

Now, on to the concealer! The Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Spots come is a tube and has a little hairy sponge on the top where the product flows from. You twist it and the product flows out. It runs for about $10. I purchased the shade 215 Light.

When I applied it seemed a little light and I wasn't sure how I felt about the coverage and it seemed like an okay coverage. For the sake of the review, I will be honest and say that I wasn't super impressed.

The staying power was okay but not super impressive. Overall, this eraser kind of disappointed me! Below is a before and after picture of the two products together.

Just Applied
After 5 hours












As you can see, the over all look is okay considering I was melting all day but you can see my scars and hyper pigmentation peeping through. I would defiantly buy the foundation again but I'm still not convinced about the eraser yet! I will continue to use it though.

So, there it is Lovelies. Your very own 2-in-1 Review. I hope you enjoyed and please tell me, have you tried either of the products mentioned? How do you feel about the foundation? What about the eraser? Any tips on how to apply them? The floor is yours. Thanks for reading!

Love Sarah XXO

No comments:

Post a Comment