September 24, 2013

Review Tuesday: Revlon Colorstay Combination/Oily skin

Hello Makeup Lovers,

              First of all, I wanted to take a moment to say that I am sorry that I did not post my fashion post on Saturday but I just had so much going on this weekend and my special guest was feeling under the weather. But I will be posting a fashion post this weekend for sure. Anyways, onto the review for today. Today's review is for the Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combo/oily skin. So let's begin, shall we?

The Product

This product promises to provide 24 hours of lightweight coverage and comes in 8 shades. It is oil-free and provides medium to full coverage. This 1.0 oz bottle of product give SPF 6 coverage and runs for about $18 CAD.

My version of the Product

I purchased the shade 110 Ivory.

What I liked about the product

I have been on the hunt for a long-wearing foundation for a long time. I am a face sweater and my foundation wears off very quickly. The first time I used this foundation, I was floored by the lasting power of this foundation. I did not use a primer and it lasted me from 10 am until 11pm that night and my foundation looked great. This was after a day of working and then an evening of dancing. This foundation is extremely long-wearing. It does not oxidize and go darker on your skin tone. It is comfortable to wear and covers almost anything. I have bad acne scars and this covered them all. I sometimes do not even need concealer.

What I didn't like about it

This foundation is awesome but there are a few pitfalls with it too. It is a very sticky product that needs to be set. I also noticed that it is a bit harder to get off the skin because it adheres so well.

How I apply it

First things first when it comes to any foundation routine, moisturize. This will help the makeup to apply flawlessly. I have tried a few application techniques but my favorite so far has been a damp egg sponge, you can pick these up at shoppers drug mart or sephora. Because of this foundations sticky nature, I always set it with a powder or setting spray.

My final word on this product is...I am in love! It a great, long-wearing and flawless foundation. I recommend it to everyone. Go buy it now!!!!

Keep you eyes peeled for a new tip/tutorial post this Thursday and a hot new fashion post on Saturday! Also, for updates, follow me on all of my social networks, which are linked on the left side. 



I want to know, have you tried the Revlon Colorstay foundation? What did you like? What did you hate? Will you re-purchase? Let me know below!
 

Until next time...









Disclaimer: I am not sponsored or affiliated with the companies mentioned

No comments:

Post a Comment