December 04, 2013

Hair Products I Love ♥

Hello Beautiful People,

             Not to toot my own horn but I do get alot of people asking me how I keep my hair so healthy looking (when it's really not!) and what products I use to style. So, today I am going to share with you all some of my favorite products to style and keep my hair appearing healthy.

One of the biggest things when trying to keep your hair healthy is using a good shampoo. I usually like a shampoo with a slight (and I mean SLIGHT) moisturizing component. My favourite brand so far has got to be Biotera. This shampoo has several different lines for different hair needs. Right now I am using the Volumizing line and I really enjoy it. I also really like the smell of this product, it has a very clean and fresh smell. I personally can't stand shampoos that smell perfumed and heavy. This shampoo offers that light scent I am looking for.

Another component to hair that appears healthy looking is moisturizing. I like to use an oil based product on my ENDS ONLY! This helps to seal split ends and helps to nourish dry hair. My favourite one is the Mystic Divine Dry Oil Spray. This is a mixture of Argan Oil and Minoi Oil and offers moisture without being too preachy. Because it is a dry oil, it doesn't give your hair a greasy look and if applied to wet hair, the hair absorbs it nicely.

As far as styling goes, I like a good dry shampoo for my 'inbetween' days. Alot of people brush dry shampoo off because they believe it is a product that means they are skipping washes all together. WRONG! Dry shampoo is not intended to replace washing your hair. When used properly, Dry Shampoo can help prevent drying of the hair and fade of color. I use this on the third day. Because I have Black hair and color fades quickly I try to prolong my wash for 3 days. By the third day my bangs and roots look a little slick so I like to give them a shot of dry shampoo. My personal favourite is the Beyond the Zone Dry Shampoo for Medium to Dark hair. This one has a shot of pigment that helps to disguise roots and wont leave a white cast on dark hair. 

A new found love for styling is my Volumax Sea Salt Spray. What is all the hype surrounding sea salt sprays? Well, think about how luscious mermaid hair is...with it's carefree waves and effortless volume. Well, that is what sea salt spray is. If you don't want mermaid hair...step away from the sea salt spray! I usually use this after twisting my hair around a wand a few times. I spray it in and grab handfuls and scrunch upwards. It creates effortless looking waves and smells great!

The final step in all hair styles is a good hairspray. My personal favourite is a The VitaE Brushable Hold hairspray. It holds great without the crunch! It even holds my styles for a few days. A good hairspray will give you a good hold without being to crunchy! The only time you want a helmet like hold is when you are setting an updo of some sort. For daily use, you don't need something that intense.

Anyways Loves, those are a few of my favorites! I won't include a lot of pics because these are guidelines for products, they don't necessarily only come from the brands mentioned. Use whatever you like for your needs and hair type! That being said, if you have any questions regarding any of the products I use, leave a comment below and I will try my best to get back to you. Also, tell me about some of YOUR Favourite products!

Thanks for taking the time to read guys!

Until Next Time...





Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are that of my own. I have never accepted money for my opinions. These are thoughts that of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment