December 07, 2013

The Infamous Cream Contouring for Beginners ♥

Hello Beautiful People,

                     OK, so if your a 'pinner' as in, your addicted to 'Pinning' as in on Pinterest, then you have all seen the infamous cream contour pictures where the person starts off looking like a native in war paint, to a sexy chiseled model. They make it look so easy but you can't find all the products and when you do, you have to sell a your first born in order to afford it.  Well, have no fear, the Pretty Pauper is here. I really wanted to give this a whirl. I did my research and watched alot of tutorials and I came up with my own kinda...tutorial. When I say kinda, I mean it's more a cream contour guide to getting a cheap (yet expensive looking) contour, using all drug store products.

                    A few words before we begin. One of the biggest things about this tutorial is that it won't change your ENTIRE look. You won't end up looking like a supermodel. This is a natural contour with a subtle glow to it. This look is very wearable. If you are looking for a drastic contour, this isn't the blog for you. That being said, you can alter the positioning of the shades to camouflage certain flaws. I positioned mine to hide a fuller face and double chin. You will need 3 foundations for this look, one a good 5 shades darker than your skin tone, one a shade or two lighter than your skin tone and one that matched your skin tone. So are you ready? Let's go...

I like to start with the lighter of the 3 shade and I smear on my forehead in three strokes, the down my nose, cupids bow, chin, the spot just below the hollows of your cheeks and just under my jaw line. Taking the darker shade I smear on temples, down sides of nose, hollows of cheeks, both sides of chin, spot under chin and then on my jaw line. Finally, I take my skin tone shade and fill in any spots where there is no product. This will help everything to blend nicely. Like I said before, you can change the positioning of the products to accommodate your features.



Taking a damp sponge, start stippling the products into skin. Do not Rub or you will whisk away all the products and your contour won't work. I like to take the sponge and roll upwards, the helps to blend the two foundations. Continue stippling until all the product is nicely blended. Hit some natural light if possible to make sure your contour is seamless. When finished I added to areas where I wanted a deeper contour and continued building until I was satisfied. I suggest starting off with less and working your way to more. To finish this look, I added a bit of blush to my cheeks.And Voila! You have successfully contoured your face!!!

I really like this form of contouring because it looks more natural than a powder contour. Powder contours can also have a 'dirty' look if you don't use the right products and it can be difficult to blend out. I also feel like this way of contouring has the potential to make a drastic change to your face shape. I did not cover that today but perhaps I will when I play around a bit more.

I hope this helped all you people who are scared to attempt the cream contour. This can be simple if you follow these few steps. If you have any questions or something was not clear, feel free to comment below! Also, show me your cream contour, perhaps a before and after?

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment