January 14, 2014

Revlon Matte Balms Review ♥

Hello Beautiful People,
              Welcome back from the crazy holidays! As a person who works in Retail, I am so glad that it's all over and life can get back to normal. As the winter continues I hope to see more beauty products hitting the shelves for Spring and all the spring fashion hitting the rails. Anyways, I was looking a post I did a few months back on what was coming up on the blog. I made a few empty promises about some reviews. So here we are with one of the reviews I promised, the Revlon Matte Balms.
I am not going to lie, I was on the fence about buying these for a while because they are not the cheapest lip product out there but I finally caved after walking past them for a months. I purchased 2 colors, 'showy' and 'shameless'. 'Showy' is a gorgeous hot pink and 'shameless' is a bold and vibrant purple tone. Let's get started with the review....

Let's first talk about the packaging. These guys come in a chubby twist pencil form and the sport a matte finish plastic casing. This obviously emulates the fact they are 'matte'. The package is pretty true to the shade that you end up with on your lips. They run for about $10 CAD at most drug stores.

left: Showy Right: Shameless
The color payoff with these two are phenomenal! They are bold, vibrant and most defiantly matte and balmy. They have that classic Revlon stain, peppermint flavour and they go on deluxly smooth. They usually go on with one coat but 'shameless' needs some building. It can be alittle tricky to play with. These guys do not promise to be long wearing but they do leave a nice stain on the lips after a while,

All in all I really enjoy these guys and think they really are nice matte balms. If I had one complaint about them  it would be the price. I think they are a bit pricey. Other than that I think they are great and I will purchase more.



Have you tried the Revlon Matte Balms? Have any favorites? Leave me a comment below.

Until next time...


1 comment:

  1. Hiya! Because I love reading your blog i've nominated you for the Liebster Award! The details are on my blog :) http://blondiei.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete