February 04, 2014

Dark Mermaid Look ♥

Hello Beautiful People,

              Today I am sharing my look with you. I have been obsessed with Once Upon a Time lately and this look was loosely inspired by this show. This isn't based on a specific character but rather a look that would fit nicely into the show. If this look was toned down a bit (example: Less shimmer. I did this to make my skin look damp, cuz you know...I'm a mermaid lol) it would be totally wearable. This look keeps the eyes simple and almost naked natural and sports a dark red lipstick. I will run you through the products and how I applied them.


Face

For my face I used my L'Oreal True Blend foundation in C2. This look should have a light tone to it so I recommend using a color a shade lighter than your skin tone so that when you contour you will get that 'dark' effect. As a contour I used the Maybelline Fit Me foundation stick in Toffee. For full cream contour tutorial, click here. I recommend making the contour as dark as you feel comfortable with because it will again add to the 'dark' effect.  I set this with a translucent powder. I finished with a tiny bit of the Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter on my outer cheek bones and made a 'C' formation up and over my eyebrow.

Eyes

I used  my Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk on my lid only. Then used a burgundy brown from my nude elf palette in my crease and then a nude bone color as a blend out and up to my brow bone. I took  a clean fluffy brush and blended it all out. I also went back in with the colors to intensify this look, but that is up to you. I tight-lined my entire eye. I didn't use a gel liner on this because I wanted my eye too look naked. I curled my lashes and used my L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black and used my Maybelline Big Eyes on the bottom lashes. For my brows I filled them in with my Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette.

Lips

For my lips I used Wet and Wild lipstick in Vamp it up on the outer corners and Rimmel london in 107 for the center of the lip. Using a lip brush and a clean finger I blended the corners to give this a ombre effect.

And there it is kids! I know this was a very quick walk through but it really wasn't very difficult to do. I really enjoy trying out different looks and let you guys know how it turned out. Oh, and for my hair I used a deep waver and scrunched with some sea salt spray (duh! I'm a mermaid!) I hope you all enjoyed and please let me know what you think. Also, let me know what costumey looks you have tried!!

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment