April 16, 2015

A Sardines Original Recipe: Baked Potato Soup


Hello my little spuds,

              I call you spuds because we are about to make potato soup. Get it? Spuds? Potatoes? Today for Foodie Friday, I am sharing one of my favorite recipes for a warm and tasty potato soup. I share this for alot of reason but one big one is, that alot of my friends have never tried it before. Honestly, if you have never tried potato soup before, then you are missing out. The best way for me to describe it is, it tastes like a bowl of baked potatoes. I am sharing my basic and simple version but you can add so many things to this to make it even tastier. Plus, it's uber easy!!! Bacon pieces and chives make this extra good. So, Let's begin...

*WARNING: THIS RECIPE IS NOT DIET FRIENDLY!! (LOL)



You'll want to begin by peeling and cubing your potatoes. No science here, just peel and cut as if you were making mashed potatoes.


Boil Potatoes until you can easily pierce with a fork. Drain out all but a half inch of water. In the meantime, saute the onion.

With a hand masher, mash potatoes to preferred consistency. I like mine mostly mashed but with a few potato chunks.


Add Chicken broth, milk, butter, sour cream. Mix together using masher to mash it all together.



Using flour and a bit of water, whisk together in bowl, slowly pour into soup while stirring. This will thicken the soup. Toss in sauteed onion.

Add salt and pepper to taste. I love tons of cracked black pepper in my soup. Stir.

Just before serving, stir in cheese and let sit until cheese is melted in.



Serve with a dollop of sour cream and cheese.



Voila! Hope you all will make this tasty soup and let me know in the comments below. Did you add your own flair? Give me some inspiration!



Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment