February 08, 2016

Recipe: One-Pan Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Rice

Hello Friends,

          I hope you had a great weekend and are ready to start a new week. I know I am ready for a new week. Last week was really stressful and I kinda want to pretend it never happened. Anyhow, today I have a recipe for you!! I know it's been a while since my last recipe so Im excited to share this with you. This recipe takes no longer than 40 minutes to make and makes a great weeknight meal. It's a super duper tasty one-pan dish of tender chicken bites, steamed broccoli and savoury rice, all tied together with melty cheddar cheese. Is your mouth watering yet? Well then, let's get her done...

First off, can I just tell you guys how much I freaking love my T-fal pan!! I am super obsessed with it and I use it whenever I can. I will admit it cost me a small fortune but it was worth every penny. I do wonder, though, how the heck Jamie Oliver flips his crepes with this thing...it weighs a ton...like literally, a ton. Anyways, the only thing I do not get is the red spot in the middle. It is supposed to turn red when it's hot but mine never has...as I missing something? Please tell me...

So, We start by browning up our chicken cubes in a bit of olive oil or conola oil works too.


Then ofcourse we add our diced onion and garlic once our chicken is cooked up. Now, I only used one clove of garlic for this dish because I just needed a bit of garlic flavour. I am usually the Queen of the garlic bulb but today I went easy on it. You can add more if you wish sire. So, we want the onions to be translucent. I also go in with my seasonings at this point, so salt and lots of pepper.


Whilst my onions and garlic are infusing my chicken bites, I go ahead and chop up my broccoli. I love broccoli these days, it's such a great addition to any meal. Even steaming it with a bit of butter and garlic makes a great salad replacement.



Now comes the rice, you can adjust this to your needs but since this yields about 5 servings I went in with 4 cups of instant rice. First, I added the water to the pan and added 3 packettes of this stuff...


Then I pour in my rice, gently stir to combine. Then, I plopped all my broccoli right on top and then put a lid on it. Let it go for about 3 minutes then stir to combine. You should end up with a nicely steamed broccoli and your rice should almost be cooked. Go ahead and add more water if you want, I like my rice the consistency of a risotto. I like to do a wee little taste test and add seasoning if nessesary.


Now comes the best part, the cheese. After grating your cheese, pop it on top of the rice and cover for one minute. You should be left with a pool of cheesy goodness, stir it all in and voila! A dish of yumminess, ready to be consumed.



Hope you guys will try to make this dish and let me know below what you think. By the way, are you guys following me on instagram? Link is on the left side bar!

See you soon!

Sarah


>

print recipe

One-Pan Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Rice
A cheesy one-pan dish great for a weeknight!
Ingredients
  • 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
  • 2 Cubed Chicken Breast
  • 1 Onion
  • 1 clove Garlic
  • to taste salt and peper
  • 4 1/4 cups Water
  • 3 sachets Chicken bullion
  • 4 cups Instant Rice
  • 4 cups Chopped Broccoli
  • 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Instructions
1. Brown Chicken in olive oil until cooked through. 2. Add chopped onion and garlic to pan and cook until translucent. Season with salt and pepper, you can adjust this later. 3. Pour in water and add bouillon, stir. Add Rice and stir to combine. 4. Pile broccoli on top and cover for about 2 minutes. 5. Stir to combine and add water if needed. You want the rice to have an overcooked consistency. 6. Add cheese to top and cover for a minute, then stir to combine. 7. Adjust seasoning and then serve.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 5 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment